Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Hate PG&E

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a blog titled "Hooking Up Electrical Service in Rural Counties." In the blog I was quite complimentary to the folks at the PG&E application desk. Two respondents quickly fired off dissenting opinions. Both said words to the effect: "I hate PG&E." Here is my summary of their points:
  • PG&E is a profit-oriented business, and a monopoly, and its goal is to squeeze every last cent it can from its customers.
  • PG&E tells you one thing in the office and another thing out in the field.
  • PG&E manipulates customers toward the most costly solutions for hooking up service.
  • PG&E withholds information about available discounts, shared service options, and other cost saving strategies.
  • PG&E's attittude is "if the customers are too stupid to know about a cheaper way to do things, then they deserve to get a higher bill."


You can see that there are at least two very unhappy PG&E customers.

No comments: